Cannot boot into windows or windows install disk/usb. Ubuntu works fine.

dr335i

Reputable
Jan 11, 2016
So i've been troubleshooting my PC for a while now. Shut off one day randomly and since then all I got was a blinking underscore. Can't boot into windows (7) or windows 10 (or 7) install disk. However I managed to boot off a ubuntu USB and do a clean install just fine. Any thoughts?

Solution
Hello dr335i

If I am guessing it right, after the abrupt PC shut down, your Windows started having troubles until you performed a clean install. Is it so?

For future reference, I would suggest you to first try Restoring Windows to an Earlier Restore Point and if this doesn't resolve the issue, you can try Resetting Windows to Factory Defaults.

The bottom line is, performing a clean install of the operating system should be your last resort.

Hope this helps.

Cheers!! :)
Hello dr335i

If I am guessing it right, after the abrupt PC shut down, your Windows started having troubles until you performed a clean install. Is it so?

For future reference, I would suggest you to first try Restoring Windows to an Earlier Restore Point and if this doesn't resolve the issue, you can try Resetting Windows to Factory Defaults.

The bottom line is, performing a clean install of the operating system should be your last resort.

Hope this helps.

Cheers!! :)

Solution