User Account Control Blocks App

Arabus13

Reputable
Jan 13, 2016
I do a clean re-install of Windows 10 Home. Afterwards, I go to re-install Cisco Connect ( a program for managing my router). However, the UAC (User Account Control) blocks the installation with the following message... "This app has been blocked for your protection. An administrator has blocked you from running this app."

So, I enable and log into the hidden elevated admin account, install the program, set compatibility, and tell Windows to run this program as an administrator. From here the program will launch and run just fine.

Now, I switch back to my normal (admin) account, and again the error occurs. Is there a way to either:

a) Elevate my normal admin user account to the same level has the hidden admin account

b) Tell Window to ignore this warning and run the program anyway

c) Get used to switching back and forth between accounts when I need to change my router settings.

Tried just right clicking on the program and "run as administrator"?

Usually if a program has that error there's something wrong with it. Try to see if there's a new version or if you can just run the web based settings change like most routers have.

Arabus13

Reputable
Jan 13, 2016

As stated above, I've already set the program to run with administrator privileges (both on the hidden admin account and the local account). Also, as stated above, the program runs just fine (no errors) from the elevated (hidden) admin account. The issue is when I go to my local non-elevated admin account. The UAC prevents me from running the program with no option to override.