Removing outlook account from Windows

MajesticHey

Reputable
Dec 6, 2014
So i reset my PC and upgraded to Windows 10. I didn't have a password or any microsoft account link to the PC (besides logining in on websites.) I restarted my PC today and was prompt to type in a password. The username was my brothers email address. i couldn't log in any other way and there is only one account on the PC. He some how added his account to the PC after using the PC to control his Xbox ONE to watch netflix (he lost his controller) now i cant remove the account. Can anyone help?

Solution
What I'd suggest is creating a 'local' account on the computer (the email address indicates that it's a cloud user account). To do so, do the following:

1. Log into the computer using your brother's account, it should be the Admin account if it's the only one
2. At the desktop, press "Win+R" to open a Run Window
3. enter the following command and press enter: control userpasswords2
4. Press the 'Add' button
5. Follow the instructions to create a new account, MAKE SURE IT'S AN ADMINISTRATOR ACCOUNT
6. Hit apply once you've returned to the original accounts window.
7. Reboot the computer and log into the new account you've created
8. Run the same command again in the run window (Win+R, control userpasswords2)
9. Select your brother's...

Pat Flynn

Distinguished
Aug 8, 2013
What I'd suggest is creating a 'local' account on the computer (the email address indicates that it's a cloud user account). To do so, do the following:

1. Log into the computer using your brother's account, it should be the Admin account if it's the only one
2. At the desktop, press "Win+R" to open a Run Window
3. enter the following command and press enter: control userpasswords2
4. Press the 'Add' button
5. Follow the instructions to create a new account, MAKE SURE IT'S AN ADMINISTRATOR ACCOUNT
6. Hit apply once you've returned to the original accounts window.
7. Reboot the computer and log into the new account you've created
8. Run the same command again in the run window (Win+R, control userpasswords2)
9. Select your brother's account and select 'Remove'

Solution

MajesticHey

Reputable
Dec 6, 2014

This worked! Although all my documents, downloads etc. are in a different folder and all my start bar shortcuts etc are not added or arranged the same on this account. Is there a way to move this over easily or should i just copy/paste and redo everything else?

Pat Flynn

Distinguished
Aug 8, 2013

You can access your brother's account folder via C:\Users\<brothers account name\
Within the folder that's labeled as your brother's account, you'll see the Desktop, Documents, Download, etc.
Simply copy them from there, and paste them into your account folder. Just make sure the 'Appdata' folder isn't selected (You won't see it unless you have hidden folders shown).