Computer randomly restarts after startup

Veteah

Honorable
Aug 5, 2015
Every so often, my computer would restart without warning, however, now it has started happening every time it is started up after a few minutes.

Before installing Windows 10, because I have a Clevo laptop with a desktop CPU I thought it was best to underclock it slightly as it occasionally got quite hot under load. I did this with XTU the setting of which can be found here.

And the MEMORY.DMP is here.

In the Event Log, this event is generated whenever it occurs. The note says that it may be because of lost power, but the power supply to the computer is steady.

I thought it was maybe something to so with Adaptive Voltage not playing nice, but my knowledge on these kind of things is a bit slim, so I'd really appreciate it if someone that actually knows what they're talking about rather than say, me, has any ideas about why this might be happening and how to resolve it. Thanks in advance.

Solution
Could you please the model number for your laptop? When you state a desktop CPU on a laptop, that will not be an issue unless it's not intended to be there in the first place :) Please follow this tutorial to locate your .dmp files and upload them on a file hosting site after which you should post a link here for us to study.

To rule out any corruption in your OS please try and perform a repair install and see if the issue is averted.

Lutfij

Titan
Could you please the model number for your laptop? When you state a desktop CPU on a laptop, that will not be an issue unless it's not intended to be there in the first place :) Please follow this tutorial to locate your .dmp files and upload them on a file hosting site after which you should post a link here for us to study.

To rule out any corruption in your OS please try and perform a repair install and see if the issue is averted.

Solution