best high-end monitor of 2016 for work+gaming

libertaire

Reputable
Oct 18, 2014
I want to get the BEST possible high-end monitor on the market. Here's what i need:

- Non-curved screen (i'm also using it for work - coding and photoshop so i prefer flat screen)
- Maximum 30" or maybe 32" (used on a desktop)
- Quality over speed, so i prefer IPS/VA instead of TN
- 144hz+
- G-sync
- VESA mount
- Max $2000

Right now, i can't decide between ROG Swift PG279Q vs Acer XB271HU. The specs are similar, but the reviews are worst on the ROG Swift as many people have reported problems with glow or bleed. Plus, the ROG Swift is currently out of stock everywhere in Canada, but i could wait if it's worth it.

My questions :

- Are you aware of any monitor that is planned to be released in 2016 and that would beat the PG279Q or XB271HU ? I'd rather wait and get something better

- What do you think of VA vs IPS ? If i understand correctly VA is a bit faster but IPS has better colors ? Is there only the curved Acer Predator with a high-end VA panel ?

- Since i have a 980 nvidia GPU, should i chose G-Sync over FreeSync ? Or can i use a FreeSync with a non-AMD gpu ?

Solution
This article will explain it better than I can:

http://www.pcadvisor.co.uk/feature/digital-home/displayport-vs-hdmi-whats-difference-3535257/

Of the two monitors you listed, I like the ASUS. It was featured in a 10 monitor review in February's Maximum PC. There's just not a lot to choose from with all the features you looking for. If you want adaptive sync technology, go with GSync. It works better than AMD's FreeSync. You can run an Nvidia card on a FreeSync monitor and vice versa, but the adaptive sync won't work. You're better off just buying a monitor without it as it will be cheaper. As far as IPS vs VA, they each have their advantages. But how a monitor "looks" is so subjective, your better off going to a place like Best Buy or...
This article will explain it better than I can:

http://www.pcadvisor.co.uk/feature/digital-home/displayport-vs-hdmi-whats-difference-3535257/

Of the two monitors you listed, I like the ASUS. It was featured in a 10 monitor review in February's Maximum PC. There's just not a lot to choose from with all the features you looking for. If you want adaptive sync technology, go with GSync. It works better than AMD's FreeSync. You can run an Nvidia card on a FreeSync monitor and vice versa, but the adaptive sync won't work. You're better off just buying a monitor without it as it will be cheaper. As far as IPS vs VA, they each have their advantages. But how a monitor "looks" is so subjective, your better off going to a place like Best Buy or Microcenter and comparing them side by side. What some people like, others hate.

Solution