System time is wrong, what should I do?

slideRzZjeH

Reputable
Dec 20, 2015
I bought today a new CPU (i5 4460) and a Gigabyte B85M-D3H motherboard. The BIOS had wrong time and date, so I set it up. I installed Windows, it worked perfectly, but after a restart everything goes wrong. I can' open a single website, because Chrome and Edge say that My connection is not private and NET:ERR_CERT_DATE_INVALID. I updated the system time in Windows, but nothing chancged. I can't find an option to set the BIOS time to default. Please help! Thank you for the answers.

So the time changed when you rebooted?

if thats the case you probably need to fit a new battery to the motherboard . They only cost a couple of dollars and last for years

Once you have done that then boot up , reset the date and time in windows and everything should be OK .

If it is not then try updating the BIOS . Downlads and instructions for that will be linked from the boards webpage . Follow the instructions exactly

slideRzZjeH

Reputable
Dec 20, 2015

But the motherboard is new. It arrived today so this is the first day of use. And the battery is empty? Is that possible?

slideRzZjeH

Reputable
Dec 20, 2015

Yes, I set it after the first start with the new motherboard. The time and date was wrong in the BIOS after first boot, but I don't find an option where it can automatically change the time so I did it manually. There are second too... I don't know that, that can cause the problem if you miss a second,

Change the time in Windows and it changes the BIOS

RIGHT click on the clock in the bottom right corner of the desktop and select Adjust time/date

If this doesnt work and the time changes it is because the battery is not working correctly . Maybe you got one that is faulty

slideRzZjeH

Reputable
Dec 20, 2015

The Windows time setting rewrite the time in the BIOS? My time is okay in Windows and in BIOS too. Now I reinstalled the OS, because kaspersky said there was a trojan in the system. (Some malware that should steal data it said.) well I try now if the problem will coming up again. If yes than I will change the battery.

Yes. Windows is displaying the time recorded in the timer section of the BIOS chip . If you change it in windows it is also changed in BIOS

TRENDING THREADS