Windows 10 and Blu-Ray viewing software compatibility issues

ai8den

Reputable
Dec 18, 2015
I have the majority of my gaming pc completed but have to add an optical drive so I'll be able to burn discs and play dvd/blu-ray movies. As I understand it Windows 10 doesn't come with blu-ray playing software so additional software has to be purchased separately. The trouble is that there seems to be a lot of compatibility issues between Windows 10 and the various software options available. Does anyone have personal experience on what will work?

ai8den

Reputable
Dec 18, 2015
I bought a LG Black 16X BD-R 2X BD-RE 16X DVD+R 5X DVD-RAM 12X BD-ROM 4MB Cache SATA Blu-ray Burner WH16NS40 so I'll definitely keep this in mind once it gets here. Thanks! :)

ai8den

Reputable
Dec 18, 2015
Laptop_Nerd, I just wanted to update you a bit. VLC wasn't able to play Blurays(despite downloading libaacs.dll and keydb.cfg) but plays dvd's beautifully. Vlc has an option for bluray though so I kept searching and found a youtube video with a commenter suggesting DVDFAB pass key to play in the background...and it worked! I tried the PowerDVD 15 demo with mixed results(strangely it could play BluRays but dvd's stuttered) I wanted to thank you because you provided the starting point which ended up saving me $60+ which can go toward my monitor/GPU :D Thanks again!

marryaa

Commendable
Dec 6, 2016
I know a software named UFUSoft Blu-ray Player ,it works very well on my windows 10 pc.Here is the link:

http://www.blu-rayvideoplayer.com/windows-10-blu-ray-player-software/