Opinion - Back Light Bleed - ASUS ROG Swift PG279Q

Soulnafien

Reputable
Mar 6, 2014
Hello,

I am hoping to get some opinions on this back light bleeding on my newly bought ASUS ROG Swift PG279Q.

I was really hoping this generation didn't get the same issues I heard the PG278Q had.

Anyways here are the photos, I am noticing a lot of browning - the IPS glow white stuff is also a bit inconsistent in its areas/corners. Note screen is on 50% brightness.

5coVvW.jpg

hs7xjq.jpg

SJPyfB.jpg

PZ89Vd.jpg

dVM8xC.jpg

Do you know what settings the photos were shot at? F-stop, etc? That would help judging whether or not this is what it looks like to you in person.

The problem isn't the monitor model, the problem is that only the professional monitors are high enough quality otherwise there wouldn't be a need for professional monitors on the market. The result is the gaming monitor market suffers, $1000 monitors are beat by $200 TV's, when it comes to defects...

I wouldn't worry too much, if it bothers you, consider investing in a VA monitor instead, no IPS glow, and typically no backlight or edge light bleed, due to the nature of how the technology works. That's all I can say to those that complain about IPS and TN monitors.

All the best!

Soulnafien

Reputable
Mar 6, 2014

Ultra fast reply! Thanks.

Not sure what type of photo taking type - it was done using a Samsung galaxy S5.

I'm not too bothered about glow if it is more consistent, I found this guys screen on youtube and looks 98% perfect to me. Compared to mine looks maybe 75%. Just thinking paying big $$ want the best.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rxPxFtGGbBE

TRENDING THREADS