DPC_Watchdog_Error on Acer Netbook

questkid44

Reputable
Oct 14, 2015
hi, I have a Acer Aspire One AO-722-0473 and after the upgrade to windows 10, the computer periodically freezes for about 30 seconds, blue screens, then shuts down. The blue screen message alternates between DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION and IQRL_LESS_OR_NOT_EQUAL. Any help would be appreciated.

Specs:
CPU: AMD C-60 1.0 GHz
RAM: 4 Gb DDR3 Crucial RAM
320 Gb Haitatchi 7200 RPM HDD

Solution
DPC Watchdog usually (or, it used to at least) indicates out of date SSD drivers. However, you have a Hard Drive. If you can boot your computer at all, safe mode or otherwise, see if you have any of these:
C;\Windows\MEMORY.DMP
OR
C:\Windows\Minidump\*any files from recently*

If you do, take them and ZIP them and upload them to Google Drive/OneDrive and link here. That way people can analyze the files to find out which file caused the crash. Thanks!

*Try going for the Minidump folder first, the MEMORY.DMP in C:\Windows is usually large [i.e: a couple hundred megabytes]

ebm9000

Reputable
Jan 22, 2015
DPC Watchdog usually (or, it used to at least) indicates out of date SSD drivers. However, you have a Hard Drive. If you can boot your computer at all, safe mode or otherwise, see if you have any of these:
C;\Windows\MEMORY.DMP
OR
C:\Windows\Minidump\*any files from recently*

If you do, take them and ZIP them and upload them to Google Drive/OneDrive and link here. That way people can analyze the files to find out which file caused the crash. Thanks!

*Try going for the Minidump folder first, the MEMORY.DMP in C:\Windows is usually large [i.e: a couple hundred megabytes]

Solution