Best CPU match (AMD or Intel) for a Geforce GTX 750?

I am planning on upgrading my CPU, RAM, and motherboard and was just wanting to know which processor would be best with my GPU, a GeForce GTX 750. I can find a motherboard and RAM, and my price limit is around $130 but i can spend a little more if i need to. I use my computer for gaming, but nothing serious like battlefield or CoD. Thanks :)
5 answers Last reply
More about cpu match amd intel geforce gtx 750
  1. Almost any CPU M/B combination you find today will be fine with the GTX 750. What do you have now?
  2. clutchc said:
    Almost any CPU M/B combination you find today will be fine with the GTX 750. What do you have now?

An athlon 64 x4 635 (2.9GHz)
  3. You can either go for an Intel i3-4170 for around $116 or an AMD FX-6300 for around $100.

Personally, I would go with the i3 because it is much newer than the FX-6300 and will perform better in games. Don't let the 6-core fool you, 1 of the AMD's cores aren't as strong as 1 of Intel's cores so it can't be compared like you compare apples to apples.
  4. zheyizhu said:
    You can either go for an Intel i3-4170 for around $116 or an AMD FX-6300 for around $100.

Personally, I would go with the i3 because it is much newer than the FX-6300 and will perform better in games. Don't let the 6-core fool you, 1 of the AMD's cores aren't as strong as 1 of Intel's cores so it can't be compared like you compare apples to apples.

Alright, thanks 😊
  5. I agree. The Intel platform will allow you a much better upgrade path than the AMD platform. Of course, the Intel platform will always cost a bit more. But as in all things, you pretty much get what you pay for. If I was building a budget gamer from scratch, I would go with the Hyper Threaded i3 over the Psuedo-6 core.
Ask a new question

Read More

Motherboards CPUs Geforce