Good Budget Subwoofer

MinionLover24

Reputable
Dec 31, 2015
So I'm almost 16 and I've got an old 1994 ford ranger crew cab and I want to kinda spice it up with some subs or speakers or whatnot. I've never done anything like this before and am really new to all this. I'm trying to keep it as cheap as possible but because I'm new I don't even know what "cheap" is XD. So if u know of anything that would help just list it below lol. Thanks guys.

steve1985

Reputable
Dec 27, 2015
2 sundown sa 8's ported at 34 hz in a t-line enclosure. ( if your alt is over 120 amps.
youll be very surprised what a 8 inch sub can do.

stay away from shallow mount subs.

a buddy of mine has 8 of these in his blazer hitting in the 150 decible range. higher tuning tho.

give me a budget and what you currently have in youe truck. what size alt. stock head unit?

MinionLover24

Reputable
Dec 31, 2015

Not gonna lie I have no idea what you're talking about lol...I was trying to keep it under 100 if thats possible

JacobVR

Reputable
Jan 14, 2016
I have a great equalizer that I use on my DJ mixer before going into my amp which I can easily use to turn down the bass, so that might help not to rule out something better that might normally be to big and loud by default in a big room. So far the biggest contenders based on others' review seem to be Outlaw M8, Hsu 1 & 2, or Energy s-10.3. I've heard the Polk SW10 & 505, and dayton 10 and 12's mentioned here and there but they definitely don't seem to get as consistently good recommendations. I'll be using them with an Harmon Kardon 3490 amp, and most likely some Pioneer sp-fs52s. I just got the pios and some Polk Monitor 70 series II to try both, I'm really not impressed with the Polks, clear and accurate yes, but too cold and bass doesnt feel rich. I'm hoping the pios will be warmer to listen to, and I've heard folks recommend getting a sub for them.

TRENDING THREADS