Sony’s Xperia Z5, Xperia Z5 Compact Come To U.S. On February 7

Status
Not open for further replies.

Marzipan

Honorable
Jun 19, 2012
I just got a brand new Z1 Compact ( or a not-used one, anyway), and I won't trust this line again. The camera Sucks! And no, its not lightbleed. Consensus says its the camera software/optimization, but 20+mp or not, the camera blows. My nexus 5 has clearer pics at 8mp. If this camera is similar to the previous models, and the previous models are similar to the Z1, as I read in reviews before I ordered the Z1, then trust me you don't want it.

G

I just got a brand new Z1 Compact ( or a not-used one, anyway), and I won't trust this line again. The camera Sucks! And no, its not lightbleed. Consensus says its the camera software/optimization, but 20+mp or not, the camera blows. My nexus 5 has clearer pics at 8mp. If this camera is similar to the previous models, and the previous models are similar to the Z1, as I read in reviews before I ordered the Z1, then trust me you don't want it.

Wow, that's like saying the Galaxy S6 is crappy because you tried the Galaxy S4, well done.

findjeffdavis

Reputable
Feb 8, 2016
Strange tactic (introducing antiquated technology under the guise of "new"). Implies current (Z6) model will arrive next year or never. Embarrassed to own a Z3.

Ioan-Paul Pirau

Reputable
Feb 9, 2016
I own a Z5 compact since November and unfortunately I can't recommend this phone. Camera is OK, feel is sturdy.. a bit on the thick side but I don't mind that. However, even though it has one of the latest SoCs and 2Gb RAM, it is quite slow.. when you boot it up it is very responsive until you use it a bit.. then it gets unbelievably slow for an 8core.. even if you close all programs it stays slow. Camera is slow to start (2-3 seconds?!!?). Fingerprint sensor is very nice but has a high number of misses (sometimes it misses 5 out of 5 tries and you have to use the pin). Also stamina mode is very nice but does not work properly.. I sometimes get notifications while the phone is inactive and after I wake the phone up the phone shows that it has wifi or data connection but it has no internet connection ... and then it has to reconnect in order for your internet to work.. this is very frustrating and makes using the phone not at all what I'd call snappy (or even proper). I'd buy a different phone now if I were to chose again.

FITCamaro

Distinguished
Feb 28, 2006
I have a Z3v. It has a great screen and camera. But I'm never going to buy another Sony phone because over a year later, we still have yet to get an update to 5.0 or later or get an update to enable both data and calls at the same time. I was told these features were coming which is why I didn't just return the phone to begin with. My Note 2 had no issues with data and calls at the same time.

Status
Not open for further replies.