Best Inexpensive Display For GTX 980 Ti

G

Soon I will be buying a new gaming pc with a GTX 980 Ti and an Intel Core i7 6700k and I want to get the most out of it but I don't want to spend a fortune. Id like to get a display south of $600 so please leave a suggestion! Thanks!

Solution

It certainly does!

Without a doubt then, I'd recommend the BenQ XL2730Z gaming monitor.

PeppermintFangs

Distinguished
Apr 27, 2015
I have a few monitors in mind, but first I'd like to ask a few questions.

Will you be primarily gaming? If so, can you list a few of the games you plan to play?

Do you want your games to appear smoother, or are the visuals more important?

Gamer1985

Reputable
Dec 19, 2015
Definitely get a 1440p monitor with 144hz and a low response time. I have the PG278Q and love it. Of course it is more in the northern end of $600 but There are others out there with different specs for a lower price. Gsync boosts the cost of the monitor, so look for one that has those specs without gSync. A friend of mine has the Vsync version of my monitor MG278Q and hes even running a Nvidia GPU, just not able to utilize the vSync feature and its still amazing. You can pick one up for around $500 now, but there are other options out there.

G

Thank your for helping. Yes I will be primarily gaming, based off my CPU and Graphics card I will be playing graphically intensive games such as Battlefront and they will almost all be first person shooters so 1mm response time is a must. And I'd think that I'd prefer for my games to be smoother. Hope that answers your questions.

PeppermintFangs

Distinguished
Apr 27, 2015

It certainly does!

Without a doubt then, I'd recommend the BenQ XL2730Z gaming monitor.

71wGUUjFZWL._SL1000_.jpg

BenQ XL2730Z: http://smile.amazon.com/dp/B00TUK9D9K/?tag=pcpapi-20

This monitor includes a quick 1ms response time, smooth, 144Hz operation, all shown on a gorgeous 27 inch 1440p display. BenQ is a well respected brand, and I've personally had all good experiences with their products. It is a TN panel, which means you won't be getting any stunning visuals. Since you're primarily gaming, this won't pose any significant issues.

Unfortunately, presently you won't be able to take advantage of this monitor's FreeSync capabilities, as it's only available for AMD cards. Hopefully in the near future we will see this problem go away. I would recommend a GSync monitor, but I personally feel the price increase simply isn't worth the one feature.

If you have any questions, please feel free to ask!

Solution