Dual monitor dilemma?

PowerX

Reputable
Jan 16, 2016
Hey guys,

I've been searching for dual monitors for a really long time, the problem is that I need a monitor for gaming, and for photography/art in the same time, and each time I find a monitor it will only serves one of those two needs and not both..

So my question is: Should I get two different monitors? and what monitors would you recommend?

I currently use GTX 780 Ti, and will get 980 Ti later this month.. my budget for the monitors is $1500

Solution
I think a good option for you would be a 21:9 3440 x 1440 monitor, as it has a larger screen than 1 1440p monitor by on average 1/3, and it is amazing for gaming and photography - the ultimate productivity monitor...

For photography, an IPS panel would be best, and if 2 monitors were a necessity, dont forget borders, as these are extremely annoying in dual monitor setups.

If you have space, a 4k 30-40" monitor would work, but you begin to sacrifice fps.

To conclude, I think your best option is the Acer Predator X34, with G-Sync and the capability for overclocking the refresh rate.

Piguuu

Reputable
Dec 1, 2015
I think a good option for you would be a 21:9 3440 x 1440 monitor, as it has a larger screen than 1 1440p monitor by on average 1/3, and it is amazing for gaming and photography - the ultimate productivity monitor...

For photography, an IPS panel would be best, and if 2 monitors were a necessity, dont forget borders, as these are extremely annoying in dual monitor setups.

If you have space, a 4k 30-40" monitor would work, but you begin to sacrifice fps.

To conclude, I think your best option is the Acer Predator X34, with G-Sync and the capability for overclocking the refresh rate.

Solution