Hybrid Graphics card With Fan cooled cpu?

Tyler_66

Reputable
Jan 16, 2016
Hello I'm new here as you can tell. I have all the parts ready to build my desktop but I'm having trouble thinking of ideas of where to mount the radiator for the hybrid graphics card and which direction to point the cpu fan cooler. I have a corsair obsidian 450D. With this case you have the basic 2 120mm intake fans in the front and one exhaust in the back. You can mount up to 4 120mm fans on the top of the case. If you have any other suggestions as far as cooling it would be greatly appreciated.

Gamer-Potatoes

Reputable
Jan 16, 2016
You could choose to exhaust either or both out of the top or back, however I wouldn't put both blowing out of the back since it will stress the cooler by feeding it hot air. I wouldn't put the radiator at the front since it will limit frontal intake air, which is good for feeding all of your components with cool air.

Congratulation on the new build and the hybrid cooled GPU.

Good luck.

I have to comment about the above post... What did you even say?
You told the OP not to mount it in two different locations, but never offered any suggestions on where to mount it.

As for your hybrid card. Mount it on the rear exhaust, fans as exhaust. This way it vents all the hot air outside of the system, rather than internally.
Obviously this means warmer air going through the radiator, but the difference is minimal, and not to be concerned about.

Gamer-Potatoes

Reputable
Jan 16, 2016

I simply stated that he could make either of the two( GPU rad or CPU cooler ) to exhaust out of the top or back, simple. The I added that I wouldn't recommend exhausting them both out of the back, better setup is e.g rad exhaust at back, CPU cooler exhaust at the top, or the other way around.

And I repeat myself, I wouldn't have the rad at the front since it will heat up intake air.

Gamer-Potatoes

Reputable
Jan 16, 2016
Exactly, however in most cases you can angle the cooler to either blow its air towards the back or towards the top. That is what I was referring to. My apologies, maybe I made that unclear.