Silly Projector Question

Naveronasis

Distinguished
May 24, 2009
Whats the expected Hz (FPS) to expect from a projector? 30? 60? 120? or is the question either too broad, or inapplicable (like how old CRT's could do a wide range).

Also does this change from Bulb based to short throw or ultra short throw.

Solution
Depends on the the projector you have and how old it is.
If the projector can do 3D then it will be 120Hz.

If normal the Average Hz range is about 60Hz,72Hz, 75Hz depending on the resolution it can display and the picture aspect s the Projector can be set to.

Short throw and long throw projectors, are just based on the two lenses in them for focus and the distance between them.
With the light source behind the lcd matrix.
Depends on the the projector you have and how old it is.
If the projector can do 3D then it will be 120Hz.

If normal the Average Hz range is about 60Hz,72Hz, 75Hz depending on the resolution it can display and the picture aspect s the Projector can be set to.

Short throw and long throw projectors, are just based on the two lenses in them for focus and the distance between them.
With the light source behind the lcd matrix.

Solution
Yes you are correct.
I had LCD based projectors in mind as I have two here.

One is older than the other though and both have a slight different focal distance between them, and over all image size based on distance.

As for the quality of the image projected, laser is probably better and sharper I would think.
But it should still do a range of resolutions, and aspects, at a set number of Hz ranges.

It normally states them on a sticker where the I/O ports are on the projector.
Or pull up a PDF online of the display specs. via the brand and model number you have.
Using google.