Error 403 ohoh something is wrong

longthedrag0n

Reputable
Jan 8, 2016
I keep getting "error 403 -ohoh something is broken in our systems .." Is it just me or is there something wrong with the website ? I can Acess the site on my phone but not on my computer . Some one let me know what's going on.

Solution
the site was working fine today and last night for me. i do not remember any downtime unless it was during the day when i was away. if the site is still not working for you then you could try clearing history, cookies and cache in your browser then try again.
the site was working fine today and last night for me. i do not remember any downtime unless it was during the day when i was away. if the site is still not working for you then you could try clearing history, cookies and cache in your browser then try again.

Solution

longthedrag0n

Reputable
Jan 8, 2016

Cleared everything but still getting the same error.

longthedrag0n

Reputable
Jan 8, 2016

It doesn't work on all browsers. The whole forum in general. I can't even go to the normal website . I am using the .com version of the website .

no script blockers or other browser add-ins either?
is your phone using the network your pc is connected to in order to load the site (if not, test it)?

thats about all i can think of...

if its not anything above you may need to wait until titillating sees this thread. he is our community rep and if needed handles the bug reporting to the devs

longthedrag0n

Reputable
Jan 8, 2016

Yesterday I had to disconnect from my network on phone to use the site. But now it's working fine on my phone with the network. Will wait till then

Titillating

Expert
Ambassador
I'll look into this. 403's really should not be happening, but there seems to be a mini wave of them affecting a small group of users. For the moment, I don't have any answers for this, but if it happens again, please send an email over to community@tomshardware.com with a screenshot of the error page, the time in your local time zone, and the IP address being used at the time (so we can check against banned IPs).

longthedrag0n

Reputable
Jan 8, 2016

issue is not resolved. now there is no 403. than kyou

1TKEW8t.png

Did some quick-and-dirty investigation. I can't open the window in my Chrome browser, always 403. However, if I open it in an anonymous browser, it opens just fine. So it may be some combination of cookies/cache/whatever.

I'll check if I can delete Tomsguide cookies and get it to work.