Beer spilled on Laptop screen > Need Help

opel65

Distinguished
Mar 26, 2011
Hey I need help, I am very dumb and spilled a little beer on my laptop Lenovo Y510P. Most of it got onto the keyboard which I immediately wiped off - and no problem- but some unfortunately got into the screen in the lower left corner.

The water mark as I would describe is in a cloud shape around the size of 4x4 centimeters but there are also some straight line marks which I believe water couldn't create such geometrically straight line naturally. These lines - there are 2 of them - go from the lower left corner and are approximately 3 and 5 centimeters long going in up-and-right direction.

I would really hate to replace the screen as I've seen that a new screen for the Lenovo Y510P costs about 1/3 fo my monthly paycheck (I'm a student).

The water marks are translucent and I can see everything on the screen behind the water spill so I was hoping there is still some hope for the screen.

The screen frame is glued to the base with adhesive which is why I was unwilling to take it apart for the screen to dry off, since I have no proper adhesive to reapply after such a procedure.

I was wondering whats the best way to go about it right now. Should i leave the laptop on a radiator over night? wrap it in some paper or whatever to get the water out. It's been approximately 30 minutes since I write this post when this has happened.

I look forward to any advice, thanks.

VirtualRealityyy

Honorable
Jan 17, 2016
I would suggest just letting the laptop dry overnight, but it is probably best to set it on it's side with the laptop half open, like a book you could say.
You can put it near the radiator but I wouldn't put it on there.

Though the biggest problem will be that beer isn't like clear water and not everything will evaporate. But let's just hope for the best.

Kind regards

opel65

Distinguished
Mar 26, 2011

I wrote in the topic that the screen is glued with adhesive and I am unable to take it apart as i dont have proper glue and skills to put it back together

ichigokunbaka

Distinguished
Jul 18, 2010

TRENDING THREADS