I need help! no one knows whats the problem on my pc. Maybe PSU not good enough?

MagixThunder

Reputable
Oct 23, 2015
Hi guys! Could my Nox Urano 850W be the one making my fps drops for seconds when i play games on my pc? I have a GTX 960 4GB, 8GB ram, i7 4790(non-k) and Gigabyte z97xGaming3 Mobo

Solution
How old is your computer? Do you have any extra parts lying around? My GTX 770 has an issue where I get higher fps and benchmark scores than my 660, however my 660 is much more playable because it doesn't have the stuttering my 770 does. Does this sound like your issue? Also what games are you playing and at what settings? Your setup should yield 60+ fps on ultra settings for the more cpu intensive games and a playable high setting on AAA games.

indsup

Reputable
Apr 26, 2015
The fps will never be the same all the time on a game. It all depends on the scene, how many players, and a whole host of other things that influence the frame rate. Could be simply where you are in the game and what is going on in the game. The frame rate will always fluctuate in games. If your playing an online game (multiplayer) the connection will also play a part of that as well.

MagixThunder

Reputable
Oct 23, 2015

The thing is that sometimes its good fps but other times its <<edited for inappropriate language>> fps, with that computer i should not have any prblems..

ZachyBeat

Reputable
Jan 28, 2016
How old is your computer? Do you have any extra parts lying around? My GTX 770 has an issue where I get higher fps and benchmark scores than my 660, however my 660 is much more playable because it doesn't have the stuttering my 770 does. Does this sound like your issue? Also what games are you playing and at what settings? Your setup should yield 60+ fps on ultra settings for the more cpu intensive games and a playable high setting on AAA games.

Solution