PC freezes/locks without warning

nyy2013

Honorable
Aug 21, 2013
I will be sitting here watching a stream in any browser and it just locks, Caps lock won't come on, the lights on my keyboard stop(Razer BlackWidow Chroma) but my mouse still has the breathing effect on it which I think is weird. I am on Windows 10 Pro, it froze after downloading the updates, before I installed them. I have to clear CMOS on every boot if that helps find the issue. Hopefully I just need a new mobo I don't know if it is a hardware or software issue.

Other system specs
CPU: AMD-FX 8350
GPU: Geforce GTX 770
MOBO: ASRock 990FX Extreme3
RAM: Gskill Sniper 2x4GB
PSU: EVGA Supernova 750 G2
SSD: Kingston HyperX 250GB
HDD: Western Digital Caviar Blue 1TB

Solution
The issue could be a plethora of things. Is your BIOS and device drivers up to date? If not, it looks like there is a BIOS update available dated for August 2015 as well as audio and chipset drivers. Make sure you have the chipset drivers off of AMD's site while you download the latest display drivers from Nvidia with version 359.43.

Looking through your motherboard specs, are you connected to the internet using the LAN port or a wireless adapter? If the LAN port then the Broadcom drivers may be causing an issue. Install them in compatibility mode under Windows 7/8 and see if the issue is persistent or if a driver revision is available.

Right click...

Lutfij

Titan
The issue could be a plethora of things. Is your BIOS and device drivers up to date? If not, it looks like there is a BIOS update available dated for August 2015 as well as audio and chipset drivers. Make sure you have the chipset drivers off of AMD's site while you download the latest display drivers from Nvidia with version 359.43.

Looking through your motherboard specs, are you connected to the internet using the LAN port or a wireless adapter? If the LAN port then the Broadcom drivers may be causing an issue. Install them in compatibility mode under Windows 7/8 and see if the issue is persistent or if a driver revision is available.

Right click installer>Properties>Compatibility Tab>Windows 7/8 [from the drop down menu]

*Word of caution,
If this installation of Windows 10 is via the upgrade path then you'll need to revert to your older OS and then perform the hardware upgrades if you want to upgrade your platform(motherboard) as the activation key is bound to your hardware upon the UEFI in your BIOS.

Solution