PC Keeps Crashing *help please*!

SmoothCreep

Reputable
Jan 17, 2016
I just finished a build of my a new pc with the hardware specs below. After getting everything installed, updated etc, I run into an issue where my computer automatically restarts and I cannot seem to figure it out. I ensured all of drivers were updated, did check disk, mem test, windows update.

I took it to a local tech company and said I have a bad video card and power supply. I swapped them out today and I still have the same issues. It only seems to restart during minor graphical loads. I haven't even installed or ran any games yet. It restarts t if I have a few YouTube videos open or when I am downloading files.

OS Name Microsoft Windows 10 Home
Version 10.0.10586 Build 10586
Other OS Description Not Available
OS Manufacturer Microsoft Corporation
System Name DESKTOP-OGSIIDV
System Manufacturer MSI
System Model MS-7693
System Type x64-based PC
System SKU To be filled by O.E.M.
Processor AMD FX(tm)-8350 Eight-Core Processor, 4000 Mhz, 4 Core(s), 8 Logical Processor(s)
BIOS Version/Date American Megatrends Inc. V25.1, 5/12/2015
SMBIOS Version 2.8
Embedded Controller Version 255.255
BIOS Mode Legacy
BaseBoard Manufacturer MSI
BaseBoard Model Not Available
BaseBoard Name Base Board
Platform Role Desktop
Secure Boot State Unsupported
PCR7 Configuration Binding Not Possible
Windows Directory C:\Windows
System Directory C:\Windows\system32
Boot Device \Device\HarddiskVolume1
Locale United States
Hardware Abstraction Layer Version = "10.0.10586.0"
User Name DESKTOP-OGSIIDV\
Time Zone US Mountain Standard Time
Installed Physical Memory (RAM) 16.0 GB
Total Physical Memory 15.9 GB
Available Physical Memory 14.1 GB
Total Virtual Memory 18.8 GB
Available Virtual Memory 16.9 GB
Page File Space 2.88 GB
Page File C:\pagefile.sys
Hyper-V - VM Monitor Mode Extensions Yes
Hyper-V - Second Level Address Translation Extensions Yes
Hyper-V - Virtualization Enabled in Firmware Yes
Hyper-V - Data Execution Protection Yes

TheBeatPile

Reputable
Jan 19, 2016
I doubt its a bad PSU and GPU. What is your power supply and graphics card?Theres alot of info there but i dont see that.
does your motherboard have a vga or hdmi port? if so i would remove the GPU and connect your monitor directly to the motherboard and see if it still happens

BlackHawkBurns

Honorable
Jan 12, 2016

Actually this might be because of windows 10.
Right after I got windows 10 my computer would crash often and whatnot.
First make sure you have the latest version of windows 10, if not update it.
Then basically make sure all your drivers are up to date(Recommend you check and update with Driver Booster 3)

If the problem still occurs after that you can try another solution.
Open CMD as administrator and do run
Dism /Online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealth
and then
sfc /scannow
These might take a while so give it a bit of time.

After that if your problem still hasn't been resolve it might be hardware.

SmoothCreep

Reputable
Jan 17, 2016

My video card is an MSI GTX 970. My power supply is a Corsair 850W. My motherboard does not have a direct monitor output unfortunately. I think my wattage is adequate for one video card. I only have a hard drive and bluray drive on it.

SmoothCreep

Reputable
Jan 17, 2016

I will try what you mentioned above and see if that works. I swapped out the video card and power supply from the original to no avail. I also upgraded to a liquid cooling system today and while my temps are considerably less, the same thing happens. I have only noticed it when I try to download from Origin or if I run a few Youtube videos at a time. I haven't been able to try any games since it reboots before the downloads finish unfortunately.

SmoothCreep

Reputable
Jan 17, 2016

I tried what you said above and it definitely seemed to make it run better. It no longer crashes during downloading and I even left it on overnight and it ran all the way through. I am still having issues when playing games. I can play 5-15 minutes before my computer reboots. I even added a Corsair water cooler to make sure temps stay down but I still run into the same issue.

I have already replaced the power supply and video card. Could it possibly be the RAM? I tried to run memtest but it froze up during the middle of it. I also tried running Prime95 and it doesn't go longer that 10 minutes before the computer locks up or it automatically reboots.