$2000 system, thoughts on my choices?

Shizmoo

Reputable
Jan 17, 2016
Computer I built 8 years ago fried on me and new hardware won't support what's left besides power supply:

http://pcpartpicker.com/p/G6Q9bv

Some parts I'm dead set on like the i7-6700k, but some I have questions:

1. The Noctura NH-D15 seems to perform great and is popular. Is this the best air cooler around $100? What would be the max over clock on the i7-6700k I would be able to achieve with decent temps with this cooler?

2. The Phanteks Enthoo Pro Full Tower was a popular choice I saw. I don't care about looks as I do temperatures, is there a similar priced full tower with better air flow?

3. As much as I want, I can't drop another 500 on a IPS monitor with 144hz. Can Asus VN248H-P be overclocked and is it safe to? Is it better than the nearly identical Acer H236HL bid? I went with the Asus because it has 2 HDMI ports.

All I can think of at the moment, thanks for any help.

What PSU do you have? I don't know if I'd bother with a 8 year old PSU with a $700 GPU and that CPU. Does the PSU even have enough MB and PCIe connectors. I don't even know if there was 8pin CPU or 8+4 for CPU that some of the new CPU/MB's need and 2x8pin for the GPU.

I'd get a new PSU for that rig, IMO.

Shizmoo

Reputable
Jan 17, 2016
I got a thermaltake Smart M Series M850W. It's actually not 8 years, the first one went out and I bought it to replace so maybe 3-4 years old. I'm assuming it would be capable?

Edit: Hmmm good thing you pointed that out, I got to see if it can be used which I doubt since it is old technology. Damn