windows 10 system thread exception not handled (can't get to safe mode)

Cyborgt260

Reputable
Jan 18, 2016
After a recent automatic update that I scheduled to restart while I was sleeping I woke up to find my computer giving the "SYSTEM_THREAD_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED" error. I've tried a variety of ideas like the "sfc /scannow" command (though that just said it couldn't run the process) that i've found from googling this issue but most of them seem to revolve around me being able to get into safe mode which presently just gives me the same error. The repair utility isn't able to do anything either.

I'm hoping someone will have a better idea for me than trying a system reset as I have quite a lot on my pc that i'd rather not risk losing given that I can't get to it to back it up right now.

Thanks in advance for any assistance you may be able to offer and for taking the time to read this.

Solution
Have you tried with a system restore to a point prior to when the issue occurred? Can you pass on your full systems specs? One other thing you can do is have your drive connected to a system with Ubuntu on it and recover the data from it unless it's been taken out. Windows 10 is supposed to be a secure operating system whereby plugging an HDD into a system with Windows 10 on it although should work in theory will not work as the donor system will not boot up at all.

* Have a go through with this guide and see if you can get into Safe Mode.

Lutfij

Titan
Have you tried with a system restore to a point prior to when the issue occurred? Can you pass on your full systems specs? One other thing you can do is have your drive connected to a system with Ubuntu on it and recover the data from it unless it's been taken out. Windows 10 is supposed to be a secure operating system whereby plugging an HDD into a system with Windows 10 on it although should work in theory will not work as the donor system will not boot up at all.

* Have a go through with this guide and see if you can get into Safe Mode.

Solution