Sometimes when i start my laptop after entering password when the desktop appears after few seconds sometimes a message appear

Akshat2002

Reputable
Jan 11, 2015
Sometimes when i start my laptop after entering password when the desktop appears after few seconds sometimes a message appears Your PC will automatically restart in one minute under it it says Your pc ran into a problem and needs to restart.You should close this windows now and save your work. I am having WINDOWS 10 UBGRADED FROM 8.1 LAPTOP IS LENOVO Z50 70 8GB RAM 4 GB GRAPHIC CARD..... PLS HELP

Ralston18

Titan
As you stated your laptop is working its way through the upgrade process going from Windows 8.1 to Windows 10.

The upgrade process can require some restarts.

The most important thing you can do is, between the "sometimes" is make sure your data is backed up just in case something else is going wrong or the upgrade process fails.

Watch the screen carefully at such times. Read the windows that appear, write down the error messages, warnings, and codes that may be provided.

Hopefully the laptop will sucessfully survive the upgrade process. If not, you should have some indication about what caused the failure.

That is not a message from the upgrade procedure. But if the issue started after an upgrade to Windows 10, you can either roll back to 8, or try a fully clean setup of 10. You can also check for updated drivers for the system from Lenovo and a BIOS update during one of the times the system starts up normally, and test it on one RAM stick at a time if you have two in there.