Updated Laptop to Windows 10 - Screen goes blank after Windows logo

th3knights

Distinguished
Jan 18, 2012
Laptop: Dell Inspiron N5050 Intel Pentium B950
Just updated the Windows 7 to Windows 10 via the Media Creation Tool Microsoft supplies. Everything worked well before.
Issue: Turning laptop on, everything displays as it should, but after the windows logo, the screen stays on but blank. However, when it's blank, and I plug in an external monitor, it shows the windows completely booted/booting up. And if I unplug the external monitor, close the laptop so it sleeps and then reopen, laptops main screen works as it should.
Any suggestions on how to fix this?
I ordered a Intel i5 2540M to replace the CPU that's currently in it. Hasn't arrived yet but hoping it might also fix it. Thank you!

Hi,

Please do try to uninstall and reinstall the latest graphics card driver for your laptop.
- Go to Device Manager and uninstall Intel graphics driver.
- Open Programs and Features and uninstall anything related to Intel graphics.
- Download and install the latest Intel graphics driver from their support site.
- Here's the link: https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/25176/Intel-HD-Graphics-Production-Driver-for-Windows-10-64-bit-N-Series-
- Once installed reboot your laptop and see if the same problem will persist or not.

th3knights

Distinguished
Jan 18, 2012
The driver won't install. Says my computer doesn't meet the minimum requirements? However, removing the drivers and restarting let it boot up normally, but as soon as I let windows reinstall the drivers it did it again.