Headset not working with Windows 10 build 10586.63 (new update)

Locralydian

Reputable
Jan 18, 2016
After downloading the Windows update to build 10586.63, suddenly my logitech g35 headset is undetecting and redectecting itself, making it useless for communication and gaming. It seems to function fine as headphones until the mic becomes involved, when it all goes to hell. I tried updating the drivers for the sound card, headset, and USB ports, but nothing worked. I even used my roomate's brand new g35 and the same problem occurred. I tried switching USB ports, restarting, replugging, scanning for hardware changes. If I use the Logitech Gaming Software program, it registers my mouse, but the headset will appear and disappear, exact same problem in the Playback Devices and Recording Devices tabs. It does count as disabled or disconnected, it just plain disappears.

Solution
Hi,

Here are some troubleshooting steps that may help.
- Go to Programs and Features and uninstall the Logitech Gaming Software.
- Next is to uninstall/reinstall the sound card driver from Device Manager.
- Once the sound driver has been uninstalled, reboot your PC and it should reinstall automatically.
- If it doesn't reinstall, download and install the latest driver from the manufacturer site.
- Once installed, do also reinstall Logitech Gaming Software.
- Here's the link: http://support.logitech.com/en_us/product/g35-surround-sound-headset#download
- Reboot your PC once install and set the default playback device again.
Hi,

Here are some troubleshooting steps that may help.
- Go to Programs and Features and uninstall the Logitech Gaming Software.
- Next is to uninstall/reinstall the sound card driver from Device Manager.
- Once the sound driver has been uninstalled, reboot your PC and it should reinstall automatically.
- If it doesn't reinstall, download and install the latest driver from the manufacturer site.
- Once installed, do also reinstall Logitech Gaming Software.
- Here's the link: http://support.logitech.com/en_us/product/g35-surround-sound-headset#download
- Reboot your PC once install and set the default playback device again.

Solution