Easy to downgrade to Windows 7 from Windows 10?

derpmcturd

Reputable
Dec 20, 2015
Hello, I'm buying a new NON-TOUCHSCREEN laptop this week but I don't want Windows 10.
How easy (or difficult) is it to install a brand new legal Windows 7?
Would I just insert the Windows 7 CD and run it?

Solution
Why don't you like windows 10, have you even tried it, or you going off something you read.

I find it faster than 7, uses less RAM than 7, and I've went months without a reboot on it.

As for putting 7 on it, if you must, even though support for 7 is ending, no new updates or security protection, etc, if you really must, you need to go to whoever makes the laptop and look up the drivers. If there is Windows 7 drivers available, then yes. If not, than probably not. And odd's are that for a new laptop built today, they are not going to bother with drivers for an old, end of life OS.
Why don't you like windows 10, have you even tried it, or you going off something you read.

I find it faster than 7, uses less RAM than 7, and I've went months without a reboot on it.

As for putting 7 on it, if you must, even though support for 7 is ending, no new updates or security protection, etc, if you really must, you need to go to whoever makes the laptop and look up the drivers. If there is Windows 7 drivers available, then yes. If not, than probably not. And odd's are that for a new laptop built today, they are not going to bother with drivers for an old, end of life OS.

Solution

USAFRet

Titan

1. You have to purchase Win 7.
2. You need to find Win 7 drivers for that device.

(not in this order)

Honestly, what about Win 10 don't you like?