CyberpowerPC Has An AIO Gaming PC, Too

Status
Not open for further replies.

Geoffchad

Reputable
Jan 20, 2016
No, dude. Both of these AIOs are the same. You can't say one is different from another when they're EXACTLY the same- internals, layout, case/frame/structure, speakers, mount....

http://www.digitaltrends.com/computing/origin-omni-hands-on/#/4

Look at them closely side by side. They're the same except one has a Cyberpower logo and the other has an Origin logo.

The "AIO chassis" as these companies purchase it and assemble for sale is from the same vendor.

Quixit

Reputable
Dec 22, 2014
I guess a neat concept but any gamer is going to want the monitor separate. The cost to repair this will be out of control.

I totally agree, this is a really stupid product. The whole thing is just too much trouble, and if you have space for a giant TV, you have space for a mITX box to sit under it/behind it.

thundervore

Distinguished
Dec 13, 2011
So let me understand this.....They make an all in one PC that is built into the monitor and ONLY decide to cool the CPU and leave out the GPU?

What are they dumb? Who not watercool the GPU also into the same loop or a different loop?

kewlbootz

Reputable
Jun 30, 2015
I don't think this is aimed towards to the DIY PC gamer market, though. This is probably going to be marketed to those with the cash and without the know-how. Especially with the advent of VR that requires a chunky PC to function, I expect we'll start seeing a lot of powerful rigs made up in ways that just don't make sense to enthusiasts.

jasonelmore

Distinguished
Aug 10, 2008
So let me understand this.....They make an all in one PC that is built into the monitor and ONLY decide to cool the CPU and leave out the GPU?

What are they dumb? Who not watercool the GPU also into the same loop or a different loop?

water cooling is not space efficient. It takes twice the amount of area, than air cooling. That's why you dont see many watercooled laptops. The radiator they use for the CPU cannot possibly handle a additional 250w of heat output. The CPU is only pushing 85W max.

As long as they have a hole in the back for the GPU blower, then this should stay pretty cool.

I guess a neat concept but any gamer is going to want the monitor separate. The cost to repair this will be out of control.

I totally agree, this is a really stupid product. The whole thing is just too much trouble, and if you have space for a giant TV, you have space for a mITX box to sit under it/behind it.

i agree. a gamer wants a flexible system that will let them upgrade more then the GPU and hard drive

boytitan2

Honorable
Oct 16, 2012
The company behind that housing is dumb not to get a deal with a monitor vendor like asus and release the casing barebones with out a gpu,motherboard and harddrive. It would set a lot more like that.

Oh yeah, you're right. It took a while for me to find that, seeing as I had to click on the image, only to be brought to the smaller image, then click on it again for the larger image :p

And this isn't even another PSU Brand just made by Enhance as an OEM. This is an Enhance Enhance.

g-unit1111

Titan

They might as well use TNT for the PSU. I'm amazed they even got that demo unit to power on, let alone power a 970. :lol:

17-163-018-06.JPG

I agree. I would rather have a separate monitor, that has a neat mounting system for a slimline pc on the back. At least then if.....when....one or the other dies its cheaper to fix. Unless they believe in their product enough to give a 5 year warranty or something.

Dan414

Reputable
Dec 24, 2014
Also, why not add some cable management solution to the stand. You'll have power for monitor and computer, plus speakers or headset or gaming mouse Ethernet or any number of other wires. It looks great unplugged, but I don't see any way to control or hide wires.

Still, I like the concept of the frame. Maybe make something just a bit bigger with a VESA mount and I'd consider it.

Dan414

Reputable
Dec 24, 2014

Most monitor stands have a hole on the back that cables can be routed through, or a cover they can be hidden under. Some nicer ones keep everything hidden down to the desk surface. https://www.google.com/search?q=monitor+cable+management&espv=2&biw=1920&bih=945&tbm=isch&tbo=u&source=univ&sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwju-uPp6bvKAhXJ2T4KHRkxAs0QsAQIPA

That's all I'm talking about.

Status
Not open for further replies.