Windows 10 Internet Issues (first WiFi, then Ethernet cable). Please, help me get my internet back.

Mathute87

Reputable
Mar 25, 2014
Ok, so overnight I stopped being able to get WiFi conectivity on my laptop. The only way I had to get internet was through an Ethernet cable.

I have Win 10 and after researching a little I found a forum that said that one of the way to try and fix that was using the command prompt and entering the following:

netsh int tcp set heuristics disabled

netsh int tcp set global autotuninglevel=disabled

netsh int tcp set global rss=enabled

netsh int tcp show global

Now, to my desperation, all this did was locking me out of internet access altogether. I can't even go online with the cable plugged-in... Restoring the system did no good, so, does anybody know the "default" commands that would be able to revert that whole mess back up?

Thank you in advance!

Solution
There was an update (KB3116908 - this was another botched update), that broke wireless on version 1511 of Win10 (If you installed it) .

It affected the WLAN Autoconfig service. <- When this is disabled / off, bye bye Wifi

If you did a clean install. KB3124200 fixed it

So if you did a clean install of 1511. Use Ethernet and update it, if your version of windows is under 10586.36

Mathute87

Reputable
Mar 25, 2014

Thank you, that did reset them, but still I have no internet access. The signal is fine, but IPv4 and IPv6 have no access to internet nor the network.

There was an update (KB3116908 - this was another botched update), that broke wireless on version 1511 of Win10 (If you installed it) .

It affected the WLAN Autoconfig service. <- When this is disabled / off, bye bye Wifi

If you did a clean install. KB3124200 fixed it

So if you did a clean install of 1511. Use Ethernet and update it, if your version of windows is under 10586.36

Solution

Latest posts