Windows 10 can't shut down properly (Skylake)

Stilian

Reputable
Aug 22, 2014
So before a month I built myself a new "Skylake PC" , but new problem came with it.
So basically I can't shut down Windows 10.Whenever I try to shut down my PC , the screen with "Shutting Down" is only loading without doing anything.Even sometimes screen stops , but the fans/hardware are still working.I can shut down my PC normally 1 out of 10-15 times.I need to hold my shut down button on the case to shut it down , which leaves all the lights on in the case.I tried installing latest drivers from asus.com and updating BIOS to latest , but still the same.I tried re-installing "Intel's Management System Interface" , but still the same.I also tried stopping "Fast Boot" from power options and making the PC not hibernating when its off.I don't know what to do...

My PC specs :
ASUS Z170-A
Intel Core i5-6600k
8 GB DDR4 @ 2133 MHz (Kingston)
R9 290 TurboDuo
HDD : Sata II 500GB (Old HDD connected with SATA3 to motherboard, formatted to GPT)

Solution
Have a go with sfc/scannow first then a system restore if the issue cropped up after a mandatory windows update took place or a repair install. Try and revert to an older GPU driver for your AMD card and see if the issue is persistent. I'd also suggest following this tutorial while re-installing your graphics card drivers. Is it also possible to list the hardware connected to your machine such as peripherals and audio equipment?

Just an, FYI, there is a BIOS update available dated around 18th January 2016

Lutfij

Titan
Have a go with sfc/scannow first then a system restore if the issue cropped up after a mandatory windows update took place or a repair install. Try and revert to an older GPU driver for your AMD card and see if the issue is persistent. I'd also suggest following this tutorial while re-installing your graphics card drivers. Is it also possible to list the hardware connected to your machine such as peripherals and audio equipment?

Just an, FYI, there is a BIOS update available dated around 18th January 2016

Solution