windows 10 activation problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

drifter109

Distinguished
Dec 23, 2013
hi there, few months ago i purchased a windows 7 OEM activation code 32/64 bit, i use the 64 to be clear. so i installed windows 7 and after a few days decided to go windows 10, i dont mind the bugs its actually quite good ... well was.
About 10 days ago it said activate windows in the bottom right ... ???
remember this is an upgrade from windows 7 which was supposed to be "free".
i did have an activated windows 7, i used that key that i purchased.
the first thing i did was call up Microsoft or windows services a lady answered and i told her what happened, then she told me to tell her the key so i did, then she said she cant deal with this problem and that my key is blocked, then she attempted to put me through to another department as she said, after waiting a legit 40 minutes she said sorry call on another day please have a nice day and she hung up... lovely i said .

2 days later (Monday) i call up again, same number same lady etc, and again i tell her whats happened she takes my key and guess what, apparently my key is incorrect XD... we repeated it to each other 15 times or more and its still wrong o_O she kept trying to put it in some machine and it was denying it.

we kept on repeating the same thing over and over for a good 50 minutes until i got bored and hung up not being rude but she was either not listening to me or something else because i was reading the key out to her.

is it just me or am i missing something... what do i do now, i want my money back if the key is bad, i brought it off mmoga and i still have the email confirmation

sorry about the question of the structure, im not sure how to lay this problem out.
HELP, at least tell me how top get rid of that stupid little "activate windows" thingy

Solution
So here's what you do.

Format your hard drive.
Install some free variant of Linux so you can at least use your system.
Save money until you can afford the 80 quid a legitimate license will cost you.
Purchase Windows from Amazon, Scan UK or Microsoft and install.

Next time, you'll know to include the cost of a legitimate OS in your system budget.

-Wolf sends

USAFRet

Titan
hi there, few months ago i purchased a windows 7 OEM activation code 32/64 bit
i brought it off mmoga

That was probably your first (and major) mistake.

...and that my key is blocked
And this was the confirmation of such.

HELP, at least tell me how top get rid of that stupid little "activate windows" thingy
Buy a legitimate Windows license.

Buying from these 'key sites' often results in you having a blocked license key. Buy from a legit reseller.

drifter109

Distinguished
Dec 23, 2013

i have purchased from mmoga before and everything has been fine .. and im sorry when i type in windows 7 product key all it come up with is dodgy you tube videos with 50 codes under ,,,

drifter109

Distinguished
Dec 23, 2013

this is a windows 7 key not windows 10
and i go by pounds im from the UK soooo 100 dollars whats that like 60 quid ? i think

USAFRet

Titan

The people in charge of determining validity says "not valid".
That should tell you something.

Where to buy? Amazon, Newegg, maybe Microsoft.

USAFRet

Titan

Win 7 is not significantly less expensive than Win 10. Buying from somewhere valid, that is.
At amazon.co.uk - Win 7 Home Premium = £99.99
http://www.amazon.co.uk/Microsoft-Windows-Home-Premium-English/dp/B00H09BB16

drifter109

Distinguished
Dec 23, 2013

lovely ... i dont know what to do now i cant afford an 80 quid windows 10 key

orlbuckeye

Distinguished

Well the first suspicious thing is Windows 10 OEM 32 & OEM 64 are separate products. The retail version comes with 32 & 64 bitin the same package not OEM. Well the key is blocked so the seller sold you a blocked key. So that key you have will probably never work unless you can get MS to feel compassion.

drifter109

Distinguished
Dec 23, 2013

ahh no no no, the first time i called she got the key and said it was blocked because i used it 19 time ... on one pc because i kept getting the same problem with my drivers. sorry about that i just read over that i thought i mentioned that. but its an OEM are they not supposed to be able to be used multiple times ?

drifter109

Distinguished
Dec 23, 2013

i purchased w windows 7 key !!
not windows 10
i upgraded to windows 10 from windows 7 via the little icon on the bottom left

USAFRet

Titan

So...wipe out Win 10.
Reinstall Win 7.
See if it activates.

techguy911

Distinguished
Jun 8, 2007
Your license does it say OA? if so it cannot be activated via online activation it must be activated via phone Microsoft changed policy on OEM activation.
Another thing i have seen person installs windows 7 then upgrades to windows 10 without activation first as you have 3 days before automatic activation key will show as invalid in windows 10.
This iso from Microsoft will allow fresh install of 10 using your windows 7,8 licence key.
https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/software-download/techbench

drifter109

Distinguished
Dec 23, 2013

ok this will take time, i shall be back in a day or two.

drifter109

Distinguished
Dec 23, 2013

i did activate it via phone

drifter109

Distinguished
Dec 23, 2013

well it did work for a few months, not everyone has 80 pounds to blow on an os just because gigabyte decided to have a terrible way to get drivers
no offence ofc

drifter109

Distinguished
Dec 23, 2013

by the way i cant even do that because to download the iso i have to type in the key and it says its incorrect, for God sake, im gonna have to go on and live with this huge lable on the bottom right aint I

USAFRet

Titan

The OS is just as much a part of the system as is everything else.
If you cheaped out on the RAM, would you be surprised if it didn't work right? No. You'd figure it was crappy RAM, or that you were ripped off.
If you bought a "128GB" flash drive for $4, and it only allowed you to save 2GB....you'd rightly assume you were ripped off, and it was a bogus flash drive.
Software is no different. It costs what it costs.

And I've never had an issue with drivers from gigabyte.

Wolfshadw

Titan
So here's what you do.

Format your hard drive.
Install some free variant of Linux so you can at least use your system.
Save money until you can afford the 80 quid a legitimate license will cost you.
Purchase Windows from Amazon, Scan UK or Microsoft and install.

Next time, you'll know to include the cost of a legitimate OS in your system budget.

-Wolf sends

Solution

drifter109

Distinguished
Dec 23, 2013

gigabyte problems or not it does not matter now.

Status
Not open for further replies.