Windows Black Screen after 25 minute bootup (different than the rest)

EhDbl1

Reputable
Jan 22, 2016
Ok so I custom built a pc in september of last year (january now) and it has worked fine up until recently. I have begun turning it on and logging in only to find a black screen waiting for me it used to work in a way that it would stay there for a minute or 2 and then it would go away like an extra boot time and I was ok with that, but yesterday I decided that I would simply leave the pc on so that not onlt would I avoid the black screen, I also wouldnt have to wait for boot up everytime, but today I came home from school and it has begun to take 10 minutes to even get passed the bios screen that shows up everytime on the boot up (I came back to find the pc on never ending black screen so I restarted) and after that I get the login screen and after I log in I have to wait another 10 minutes for the black screen to go away and then, the taskbar icons and my background will load up I wont be able to click anything then after only 5 minutes this time, my whole set up will load (25 MINUTES) and now you'd think my complaint might be that the pc takes so long to load but no, not only that, if I click any programs at all, even file explorer or chrome, it will lag for 10 seconds then return to black screen, I went to device manager and clicked auto check for driver updates for my r9 390 but the results came back that it was up to date and I also checked the shell thing in regedit and it said explorer.exe, I have rebooted too many times to count and nothing is helping, I have never written on any forum for help but I definently will again if someone does help me

PC SPECS
-----------------
i7 4790k

R9390

H100i

Hyperx blue 2x8gb ddr3

Nzxt H440

Msi z197 kraken edition

250 gb ssd (not sure exact brand but not samsung)

3 tb (only 2 used) seagate barracuda, stopped showing up in "this pc" a day before the black screen, didnt have anything really important on their so I dont care too much, windows was not on this and I didnt see anything like this mentioned in the other threads so its probably a coincidence

500-700 watt power supply (quite the range but not quite sure)

Corsair k70

Logitech g340

Dvi cable

(Spare display port not used because of annoying displayport link failures)

Asus VG248QE

Windows 10 64-bit

Please help in anyway you can, thank you SO much for even reading this post, currently I am at the point where my comp is totally loaded up but if I click anything it will freeze in case that is important to troubleshooting.

Solution
You need to be a little specific, is it a Z97 or a Z170 Krait Edition mobo? In either case have you made sure your BIOS and drivers are all up to date?

Here are the download links for
Z97
Z170

We will also need you to narrow down the make and model of your PSU. Was this installation of Windows 10 from the free upgrade path or anew?

Have a go with a system restore to a point prior to when the issue cropped up and also a repair install. You may also want to see if your installer wasn't corrupt by recreating a bootable USB installer which will also double up as troubleshooting device later on.

Lutfij

Titan
You need to be a little specific, is it a Z97 or a Z170 Krait Edition mobo? In either case have you made sure your BIOS and drivers are all up to date?

Here are the download links for
Z97
Z170

We will also need you to narrow down the make and model of your PSU. Was this installation of Windows 10 from the free upgrade path or anew?

Have a go with a system restore to a point prior to when the issue cropped up and also a repair install. You may also want to see if your installer wasn't corrupt by recreating a bootable USB installer which will also double up as troubleshooting device later on.

Solution