An opinion for my new pc build

SpeedLoco

Reputable
Jan 22, 2016
Hello guys, i am new here. I dont know if im in the right section please forgive me if im not.
I need ur opinion about a new budget pc that im building, will everything work fine?
Im going to use this pc just for playing Dota 2 and regular stuff like surfing the internet, poker, movies, skype etc.
Will I be able to play Dota 2 decently and having skype at the same time and maybe a browser playing some music from youtube.

The parts that i have ordered are :

Case: Cougar MX200
Motherboard: AM3+ Gigabyte GA-78LMT-USB3
CPU: AMD FX-8320 3.5Ghz
GPU: Gigabyte Geforce GT730 2GB GDDR5
RAM: 2x 4GB Kingston HyperX Fury Red 1333Mhz DDR3
PSU: 550W Corsair VS550 80 Plus

For HDD im gonna use an old SATA II that ive got for now till i get a new one SATA III.

I know its a cheap build but i had a very strict budget, so an opinion would be much appreciated because its my first pc build.
Thanks in advance.

TofuLion

Admirable
get an i3 4170 with an h81 or b85 motherboard. its cheaper and will perform better in your case. the fx cpus are better utilized by HEAVY multitasking (if you were recording and streaming on top of what you already do), or heavily threaded applications such as video encoders and code compilers. haswell(i3) is better for single threaded workloads.

the money saved could go to a better hard drive, video card, power supply, case, etc. (in that order :))

SpeedLoco

Reputable
Jan 22, 2016
Oh i see, thanks for the reply bro.
Unfortunately i have already recieved the cpu and the case, the rest of the parts are on their way.
So as i understand, for my needs this build wont perform that good right ? :/

TofuLion

Admirable
no, not that it wont perform well, just that you could have used the money a little wiser. either cpu will work well enough, you probably wouldnt even notice a difference. was just trying to help you get the maximum potential for your budget...

SpeedLoco

Reputable
Jan 22, 2016
Ah i feel reliefed :D thank you very much for ur help. Maybe i should have asked here before i order everything.