After months of researching, I think we have the final picks for our first gaming PC - Is the Corsair RM750i good enough?

Jacklejay

Distinguished
Dec 23, 2010
Hey everyone,

Looking for some feedback on the final picks for our first build, see details below:

PC Build: http://uk.pcpartpicker.com/user/Destinar/saved/tfg7YJ

Approximate Purchase Date: 27/02/2016

System Usage from Most to Least Important: Gaming, watching movies, Possibly game play recording, surfing the internet.

Are you buying a monitor: Yes

Do you need to buy OS: Yes

Preferred Website(s) for Parts: Scan.co.uk

Parts Preferences: Seem to gravitate towards Asus upon researching.

Overclocking: Yes

SLI or Crossfire: No

Your Monitor Resolution: 3440x1440

Additional Comments: This is the result of many months of researching, tweaking and swapping out parts. I know we can fit the GPU in the 380T and the PSU length wont be an issue as the hard drive bay is coming out. We've never need much storage and will back up with an external drive.
We're still somewhat undecided on PSU as part of me is drawn to the AX860i, so would like some feedback from you kind chaps/chapettes if possible.

Any feedback welcome and thanks for reading.

Jase

Jacklejay

Distinguished
Dec 23, 2010

Main culprits for the price are the Monitor, GPU and SSD, adjusting them brings the price down a lot. My partner went with the LG 29" - 29UC97C & Asus GTX 970 STRIX - 4GB gpu for that reason.

We spend a lot of time at our pc gaming and have never invested this much in it before. Our previous computers were Alienware Aurora R3 we got in the sale.

The GTX 980Ti is worth it considering the high resolution but the SSD won't fit on that motherboard, you only have one PCI-e slot and it is being used by the GPU.

I'd just get an M.2 or SATA drive instead.

Jacklejay

Distinguished
Dec 23, 2010

This isn't the PCI-e slot version, it connects using the U.2 Connector. It's the reason we went with this SSD.