GTX750ti wont display higher than 1080p...on a 4k screen?

Status
Not open for further replies.

sulako

Reputable
Jan 23, 2016
I have a Panasonic TX-65AX802B 4k lcd panel.

Ive had it for about a year and until last week I had always used it with my on board (1080P capable) integrated graphics (HDMI) port on my media centre PC.

I never bothered with 4k even though the screen was capable - just not enough content available...

Last week in a fit of boredom (and beer) I decided to get on board with the whole 4k thing - why not?

I bought a GTX750ti card which is capable of outputting a 4k resolution - i connected via HDMI but oddly i saw no option in the resolution settings for anything higher than 1080P - must be something to do with the fact I had set the refresh rate to 60 Hz and the card doesnt have an HDMI 2.0 connection - so I dropped the Hz to 30 - still only 1080P as an available (max) resolution.

So far so odd. So I called Panasonic - no no no they said - you HAVE to connect your PC via display port - pain in the butt as I now need to route a DP cable behind the wall but hey ho - I bought one.....

Via displayport all I get is a No signal message - nothing at all.

So HDMI from HDMI input 4 on the tv (the only HDMI 2.0 connector available on this telly and the one Panny recommend the consumer uses) to HDMI 1.4 input on the GTX750ti....no higher res than 1080P is available....DP to DP which SHOULD display 4k at 60Hz via this card and NO SIGNAL whatsoever.

My assumption at this stage is that my 4k panel is faulty - the card sees the (native) resolution as 1080P...it doesn't see beyond that.

I'm happy to be wrong here - am I missing anything?

Syrus Hussain

Reputable
Dec 30, 2014
This won't be really an answer to your solution but a gtx 750 to won't be able to run at 1440p at "decent" settings. You could test it with a friends PC that has a native display port. Also what brand do you have? Never knew that there is a gtx 750 to with display port

sulako

Reputable
Jan 23, 2016
This is the Gigabyte version. Lovely little low profile card and almost completely silent - this was bought simply for 4k video - I game on my PS4 - gave up on trying to keep up with PC gaming with Crysis 3...to emphasise - this is strictly a home media rig - no gaming required - so the 750ti should be more than capable.

The point of this query however...why can't the card see beyond 1080p via displayport?

Syrus Hussain

Reputable
Dec 30, 2014

Yeah sory i wont be able to help troubleshoot the problem, the best bet is to test on someone elses pc with a display port and see what happens

Status
Not open for further replies.