Scan and Repair disk C: loop every start up

anthoNY-CA

Reputable
Jan 23, 2016
I have read quite a few threads on this topic but the solutions given haven't really helped me. I have a Toshiba Satellite that has been upgraded to Windows 10 recently. While doing a defrag and then scan disk from the desktop I was prompted to restart my computer to finalize repairs.

At the Toshiba boot screen it said "scanning drive for errors this may take over an hour" and stayed on that screen for almost 3 days. Then one day I came home only now it said scanning and repairing drive C: 76% done. That screen stayed for another two to three days as well.

A few weeks before I had this problem whenever I would boot up my laptop if I were to touch the touchpad mouse the boot would cancel and go to a blue screen saying that a problem occurred and that the computer will restart itself. Only if I let it boot all the way to the login screen and used the keyboard commands with tab and space for enter to get to the desktop and actually open and a program, would I be able to bypass is blue restart screen

That being said by accidentally touching the touchpad its end it to that blue screen and restarted the computer. I've allowed it another 6 days to do the same too boot screens. I tried fix that I saw of tapping the spacebar multiple times and now I'm stuck on preparing automatic repair Toshiba boot screen.

Is there any way to bypass to get to the desktop or even get into the BIOS screen? I'm going to try booting from USB but the boot order isn't set to check for USB first so I'm not sure what good that will do as I have a Windows 8 iso Burned on a USB. I'm not computer illiterate but I'm also not an expert of the inner workings and have forgot many command prompt commands