After upgrading to Windows 10 Audio is incredibly loud at volume level 2

xdagex

Honorable
Jan 24, 2014
I literally have to have my audio at level 2 or 1, otherwise it's too loud. It was the opposite when I had Windows 7 as the audio was too low, and I would have to lower other volumes to balance out the audio, but ever since I upgraded to Windows 10 it has been incredibly loud. My headphones are the Razer Kraken 7.1 USB and I have looked into the program that it uses, Razer Synapse, but the volume bar in that program is the same volume bar as the windows one, I've tried looking into Sound and properties to no end and have found no solutions, I've searched everywhere online and no one has provided a solution, someone please help, the audio is way too loud..

Lutfij

Titan
The issue is with the USB drivers/software responsible for driving the device since what you've explained is exactly the opposite of what's being found across the www. Most if not all are saying that they can't hear anything nor use their boom mics.

Try this out,
Uninstall Razer Synapse, find the audio device in device manager and remove it
Reinstall any chipset and USB drivers you may have

Could you also pass on your full systems specs?

xdagex

Honorable
Jan 24, 2014

I'll try this when I get home thank you so much for the reply, my specs:
MSI Z87-G45 Mobo
16gb Corsair Vengeance
MSI GTX 970
1TB WD Blue
2TB WD Green
EVGA SuperNova 750W Gold

xdagex

Honorable
Jan 24, 2014

So I uninstalled my Kraken USB and uninstalled Synapse, had everything reinstalled and it was still insanely loud, It was also insanely loud even when Synapse was uninstalled.