My computer got internet problem, should i clean install it?

Nadhij Halim

Reputable
Mar 10, 2015
Hey everyone

I have been upgraded to windows 10 almost six month now. Before that, I use windows 8.1 and I got internet speed problem with that OS, it only happen when I use my modem to connect to internet.

Then I upgrade to windows 10 in hope that the problem will gone, but the problem is still there. I'm trying to live with it, but i can't take it anymore.

I'm trying to reset it, the problems gone at first, but it comeback again after BSOD occur. I believe that the problem is not my modem, but the system itself.
Should i clean install it?
or is there any other solution?

PLEASE HELP, just ask if you need more info.

Solution
Do not overlook the system logs.

Use Event Viewer to take a look at what your system is reporting on via the logs. Information, errors, warnings etc..

The Event Viewer logs do appear overwhelming. However, with a bit of time and patience you will start being able to follow it all.

Most problems are flagged either directly or indirectly. I.e., they cause the problem or are a result of problem.....

Once you identify an error code(s) or other messages of interest then "google" or search forums like this one for more information and possible solutions.

Clean installs can solve a problem. However, once you have tweaked back to your preferred configurations the problem may re-occur.

Take your time. Do not immediately react to...

Ralston18

Titan
Do not overlook the system logs.

Use Event Viewer to take a look at what your system is reporting on via the logs. Information, errors, warnings etc..

The Event Viewer logs do appear overwhelming. However, with a bit of time and patience you will start being able to follow it all.

Most problems are flagged either directly or indirectly. I.e., they cause the problem or are a result of problem.....

Once you identify an error code(s) or other messages of interest then "google" or search forums like this one for more information and possible solutions.

Clean installs can solve a problem. However, once you have tweaked back to your preferred configurations the problem may re-occur.

Take your time. Do not immediately react to some finding and apply the first discovered fix. Dig into it all a bit more to confirm both problem and fix.

Then fix it.

Solution