Can you fix 0xc00007b error?

tarogmats

Distinguished
Nov 22, 2015
okay, so here's where I'm at.
Two computers, laptop I bought with windows 8.1, then took the free upgrade to 10 when it came out, new desktops I built since I screwed up the older one.
I had to wipe my HDD, to install any operation system, so that's what I did, and I also have windows 10, on that one.

Now, on the laptop, I played Life Is Strange, but, it ran like crap, it isn't a gaming laptop, it's just for work and stuff. So when I built the PC now, I installed life is strange, and I got that 0xc00007b error. And initially, I thought the error was just showing up with older programs, cause I noticed I couldn't play mass effect one either, gave me the same error, also got the same error with Tropico 5.

All of these are games, I couldn't really run on my laptop, because it wasn't up to scratch.
However, on my old windows 8.1 PC, I ran tropico 5, but I had no graphics card, so it ran like crap.

But now on the new build (fully updated btw, checked for updates up to this morning)
It just won't work.

But then, also on the new build, I've ran Fallout 4, the witcher, Syndicate, GTA V, sims 4, sleeping dogs, Rome 2 ( still can't get atilla to work, did the whole steam verification thing), and every telltale game since the walking dead season one.

That's just to show, the different game companies different years etc.

So right, I've looked for every fix I could find, downloaded something, from some link on a youtube video, that installed some frameworks, and java. Tried to install .net Framework 4.5, can't do it, since it's already "a part of the operating system", I tried to install older versions of the framework, since I saw somewhere that .net framework isn't backwards compatible, can't do that either, since a "newer version" is already installed, tried to uninstall .net framework, so I could start reinstalling from the ground up, turns out, it's nigh impossible.

Tried to contact microsoft, that is like pulling teeth, then I tried to get some help with Mass Effect for EA, halfway through the process, it just dawned on me, that EA evidently doesn't want their customers requesting jacks-t that resembles customer service, so, here I am.

Basically wondering, can I fix this problem? what do I have to do? Because I've been reading, and reading, and reading, and trying, and I got nothing.

tarogmats

Distinguished
Nov 22, 2015

Hey, I tried that out just now, it turns out, I didn't have the x86 version of visual C installed, so I installed it, repaired the 64bit version, and still getting the same error.