Windows 10 Youtube Black Screen/Flash player issues

Soji__

Reputable
Jan 24, 2016
Hello, I upgraded to windows 10 about a month ago and today when I started up my computer I couldn't see embedded Youtube videos.

I went directly to youtube and found all the videos were just giving me black screens. I then found that a bunch of website processes weren't working at all, like in-page paypal pluggins for example. I did some research and tried reinstalling flash player and java and there were no problems with the reinstallations, but the problems still persisted. I cannot even log into tomshardware on my desktop, the login screen just shows up blank, nor can I access my gmail or google docs without getting errors.

I can provide any information about the computer in question if it will help. Thank you.

Edit: The problem persists in all browsers.

Solution

1. Right click the windows icon at the bottom left corner and choose "command prompt (admin)" from the list.
2. In the window that comes up, type "sfc /scannow", without the quotes.

Wait till it finishes. Post back if it comes with any error messages, or if it doesn't work.

theunliked

Reputable
Dec 3, 2014

1. Right click the windows icon at the bottom left corner and choose "command prompt (admin)" from the list.
2. In the window that comes up, type "sfc /scannow", without the quotes.

Wait till it finishes. Post back if it comes with any error messages, or if it doesn't work.

Solution