Using an antistatic wrist strap on a properly corsair 760t

SkySharkX2

Reputable
Jan 22, 2016
So I was wondering how do I properly ground myself on a Corsair 760t I've heard at least the white version of the case is painted so the case itself wouldn't act as a ground but I'm getting the black version so I'm not sure if that's painted too. Since I'm getting my PC prebuilt I don't know if the PSU fan will point into the case or out of it. If its pointing down and out how should I properly ground myself when I install hard drives from my old PC into the new one?

Also as a bonus question anyone know of good anti static wrist straps for someone with huge wrists( i can't fit my middle finger and thumb around my wrist completely) any help would be greatly appreciated.

SkySharkX2

Reputable
Jan 22, 2016
Thanks for the tips, i have a base board radiator with fins inside it next to my desk, could I attach my wrist strap to my ankle and the clip to the radiator's fins to ground me? Or would that not be enough to stop the static discharge in my case. I'm on a plastic mat on a wooden floor to begin with and don't have any carpet in my room.

TRENDING THREADS