Looking for best method of buying windows

JRBM5717

Distinguished
Oct 11, 2015
I am finishing my first build and now I need an OS to put on not sure the best way to go about it tho. I found cheap activation codes online but I don't trust the sites and I went on amazon for a cheap code but don't trust the product. Should I just go to my local computer store and get a flash drive with windows 10 on it. Ps does a slash drive with windows work for just one computer?

Solution
Lots of discussion here at Tom's Hardware in regards to G2A (and to a lesser extent, Kinguin). The bottom line here is that it's your money. If you don't mind losing it if/when Microsoft determines that what you purchased isn't valid, that is up to you. Personally, I don't have money to waste like that, so I just purchase legitimate licenses from authorized resellers (Newegg/Amazon Direct).

-Wolf sends

Wolfshadw

Titan
Lots of discussion here at Tom's Hardware in regards to G2A (and to a lesser extent, Kinguin). The bottom line here is that it's your money. If you don't mind losing it if/when Microsoft determines that what you purchased isn't valid, that is up to you. Personally, I don't have money to waste like that, so I just purchase legitimate licenses from authorized resellers (Newegg/Amazon Direct).

-Wolf sends

Solution

LuckyTheLadyBug

Honorable
Jul 5, 2015

I almost put in my response a mod would say something like this.

JRBM5717

Distinguished
Oct 11, 2015
well I went to Canadian computers my local computer store and they were all out of widows 10 on a flash drive so before I buy the wrong thing can I download windows 10 online and just get a dvd copy of windows 10 from the store and use the activation key?

Wolfshadw

Titan
A DVD copy of Windows will come with a key on a sticker attached to the cardboard envelop. Mine did.

lLutHCG.jpg

-Wolf sends