Best Gaming Monitor For Playststion 4. First Person Shooters (Rainbow 6 Siege/Battlefield 4)

Maltby84

Reputable
Jan 25, 2016
Hey there, I am a very dedicated/active PS4 gamer that is looking for a 27"- 32" monitor. I have a budget of around $700. I want something with outstanding performance (Very low input lag, 1-5ms grey to grey and excellent colour/picture quality. I don't want to have any judder, ghosting etc.. I'm not sure if I should and ips or tn panel, A few monitors I've been looking at are:

ASUS MX279H
BenQ RL2755HM
BenQ xl2730z
BenQ EW2750ZL
Samsung S27E650C
Samsung S27E510C
Samsung S27E390H
Dell S2715H

I love the look of the ASUS MX279H IPS panel but I don't know the input lag or how well it will perform for the ps4 or the image quality (I heard its grainy).

And as for the BenQ monitors they're TN panels so the color wont be as good and I find the shell of the monitors hideous...,but I love the in depth features of both monitors. The BenQ RL2755HM is meant for consoles.

I'm not sure which of these monitors you would recommend if any? Or if there is a better monitor that you guys could tell me about? I will be using the monitor mainly for playing First Person Shooters (Rainbow 6 Siege and Battlefield. But I'll also be watching movies (blueray/Netflix) from my ps4. If you could help me out on my decision and inform me of any better monitors available it would be greatly appreciated :)

Also if there is a curved monitor that would work well I definitely be interested in that!

Maltby84

Reputable
Jan 25, 2016
Can you please explain why that would be a good monitor for a ps4?

The ps4 is 60hz 1080p 60fps. The monitor you posted is over the top. I don't see or understand how that would be a good choice..?

Given the price point. It's the best monitor you can buy. It will be very fast and have a max resolution of 1440p. The ps4 won't be able to produce such a high frames rates or resolution, but it doesn't change the fact that this monitor is best in class.

Maltby84

Reputable
Jan 25, 2016
What are your thoughts on these..

-Acer H277H smidx
-Dell U2715H
-Asus MG279Q
-Samsung S27D590CS

Also are you familiar with pixel density? What's the best way to get the most pixels per square inch while maintains excellent picture quality and performance. (Low input lag, Great GTG etc..)

iXeon

Honorable
Jul 6, 2015
definitely MX279H you would not need 1440p monitor because 1080p on 27 inch is fine and according that ps4 render at 1080p you may have some problems with 1440p(not absolutely)! plus i use the MX279H my self , the best picture quality you get and wonderful ASUS SonicMaster Technology, co-developed with Bang & Olufsen ICEpower for premium immersive audio that you would love! i use it as both my monitor for PC and Movies and PS4 gaming.and you don't need to worry split screen multi-player because it's big enough to serve you

I like the Acer H277H. Great picture quality, ips and near bezelfree design. It's a bit expensive and has weak stand with no Vesa support.

Dell U2715H is one the better ones of the group with ips panel, thin bezels, great stand and Vesa support.

Asus MG279Q has 1440p, 144hz and it's ips. A better monitor doesn't exist for gaming.

Samsung S27D590CS is curved, uses excellent pls panel and has thin bezels. Poor stand and no Vesa mount support.