Weird USB drivers problem - Works fine if plugged in while booting PC

10pmstalker

Distinguished
Apr 15, 2008
If I boot my PC with my phone or my USB thumb drive, its detected and working perfectly. Once I unplug the USB, if I plug it in again, it will be detected by the PC but wont work. I just did a fresh install of Windows 10 hoping that would fix things.

I installed all drivers that Driver Booster found.

I could live with the inconvenience until I got a Logitech Harmony Remote. To set it up, the remote has to reboot during sync, once it reboots the PC wont detect it anymore so it can't finish the sync.

I took a few screenshots of Device Manager with it working fine when booting the PC while plugged in then removed and plugged back in without a PC restart. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

3QeNLOP.png

O4rlYWT.png

10pmstalker

Distinguished
Apr 15, 2008
Asus Saberthooth Z77 I was looking around in the bios, not really sure what to look for. Just updated it hoping that would solve it.

Everything else is working just fine. Really strange that it works if its plugged in pre boot.

Almost ready to go back to windows 7. Really dont want to do that.

10pmstalker

Distinguished
Apr 15, 2008
What setting should they be on?

When I'm in the bios my phone is fine. I can plug it in and unplugg it repeatedly and it charges as it should. I don't get why why it won't work in Windows 10

Could be a known issue with that mobo, why it's doing this. Altho it maybe the USB cable you're using.

Like here I use a Windows phone, (Lumia 820), for some strange reason if it's not the right cable windows 10 wont detect it.

When I connect it, but the cable works with anything else. I dont usually charge it on the PC tho, it's got a wireless case on it, so I charge it on a wireless pad thing

10pmstalker

Distinguished
Apr 15, 2008
Yeah it has to be an issue with the motherboard. I tried every cable, it's not that. Thanks for your time and helping out. I'm going back to 7 and ill stay on the lookout for new window 10 drivers.