Loses internet connection halfway through downloading something.

BlackHawkBurns

Honorable
Jan 12, 2016
I keep losing my connection when I'm trying to download this game.

When it is connected it says Connected, Secured.
Then later randomly in the middle of the download I'm still connected to the WiFi but it says no internet.

I can fix it bit disconnecting and then reconnecting to it but then I have to restart my download.

Solution
Hello BlackHawkBurns

Can you please try the following:

> Right-click Start.

> Click Computer Management.

> From the left pane of the Computer Management snap-in, click to select Device Manager.

> From the right pane, expand the Network adapters tree.

> Right-click the network adapter that is connected to the Internet, and click Properties.

> On the opened properties box, go to the Advanced tab.

> In case of wired LAN card, click to select the Speed & Duplex option from the Property list, and set its value to Auto Negotiation or 1.0 Gbps Full Duplex (select this if Auto Negotiation fails to work).

or

> In case of wireless LAN card, click to select the...
Hello BlackHawkBurns

Can you please try the following:

> Right-click Start.

> Click Computer Management.

> From the left pane of the Computer Management snap-in, click to select Device Manager.

> From the right pane, expand the Network adapters tree.

> Right-click the network adapter that is connected to the Internet, and click Properties.

> On the opened properties box, go to the Advanced tab.

> In case of wired LAN card, click to select the Speed & Duplex option from the Property list, and set its value to Auto Negotiation or 1.0 Gbps Full Duplex (select this if Auto Negotiation fails to work).

or

> In case of wireless LAN card, click to select the Rate (802.11b/g) from the Property list, and set its value to Best.Rate.

> Click OK to save the changes and restart the PC.

If the above settings don't resolve the issue, you may want to check for the latest NIC driver updates.

Feel free to report back if further assistance is needed.

Cheers!! :)

Solution

BlackHawkBurns

Honorable
Jan 12, 2016

I'm unsure about which adapter I should pick.
There are 4 options.

Hello again BlackHawkBurns

In the Run command box (Windows + R to open) you can type NCPA.CPL and press Enter.

From the opened Network Connections window, check which NIC is connected to the Internet. If you are using a network cable to connect your router to your PC, it should be a wired network adapter and would be displayed as Connected. On the other hand, if you are using a Wi-Fi network, it should be the wireless NIC.

Check the name of the active NIC from the Network Connections window, and then follow the above steps.

Cheers!! :)

BlackHawkBurns

Honorable
Jan 12, 2016

Ok thanks.