Usb 3.0 ports not working in Windows 10 on 760GMA-P34 (FX) Motherboard?

FrostC1Elite

Reputable
Dec 9, 2015
Sometimes when I boot my computer none of the USB 3.0 ports work. Only the 2.0 ports will come on. A quick fix for this seems to be shutting down my computer completely and then rebooting and they will come back on. Do I need to update chipset drivers or is something else going on? Could it be a motherboard issue? Also I updated to the latest BIOS but that didn't seem to help and device manager isn't showing any issues. Any ideas or help would be appreciated, thanks.

Windows 10
760GMA-P34 (FX) Motherboard
AMD FX-4130 CPU

FrostC1Elite

Reputable
Dec 9, 2015

I've already updated the BIOS to its latest version and that didn't help. I tried to use the AMD chipset driver updater and it keeps giving me an error. Link to chipset drivers http://support.amd.com/en-us/download/chipset?os=Windows+10+-+64. I've went through Device Manager and everything seems to be up to date.

I uninstalled the 3.0 drivers and installed the old ones from the motherboards website. They only had windows 7 listed so I just used those. Next, I updated the 3.0 drivers from device manager to the latest. Hopefully this works, I will report back in the next couple weeks or as soon as the 3.0 ports start acting up again.

FrostC1Elite

Reputable
Dec 9, 2015
I contacted support and they said it was most likely because I was running some 2.0 devices in 3.0 ports. Mainly my Line 6 Pod Ux2 interface which apparently have been known to cause issues while plugged into a 3.0 port. Hopefully this is the fix and from here on out I won't be using USB 2.0 devices in 3.0 ports.