Building a new system. Looking for opinions

PaasNL

Reputable
Aug 19, 2014
Hello everyone,

I am about to make my new pc. I am curious to all your opinions and comments.

R9 390X Sapphire Tri-X
Processor Intel Core i5 6600K
Corsair 8Gb x2 Vengeance LPX DDR4-CMK16GX4M2B3200C16
Corsair H110i GTX
.Processor Intel Core i5 6600K
PSU Corsair HX 750i
Thermaltake Core V71 case
MG279Q asus monitor
500gb ssd crucial

I am not sure yet about the Motherboard
MSI z170A Gaming M7
Asus Z170 Maximus VIII Ranger
Asis z170 pro gaming

Which one is the best. And/Or suits my build the best?

Thanks in advance.

Zerk2012

Titan
Ambassador
My honest opinion that's what you wish for right?
You need to rethink the monitor and video card.
For that monitor and to run any of the newer games with high FPS with a 1440p monitor (144 refresh rate monitor if you can't use it you don't need it) a single R9 390X will net you in the 60FPS area unless you turn down the settings again defeating the purpose of buying that monitor. You should be looking at SLI R9 390's or a single GTX 980ti at the least. Yes I know it's a free sink monitor but a single 390X is not going to give you very good performance and the 390X is only a few FPS difference than the 390 making it not worth the price increase since you can overclock a 390 to about the same performance. A GTX 980 (not the ti just the 980) beats the 390X fairly handily in about everything.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D0YOdL4A0lg
The HX 750i is overpriced for what you get sure it's a good PSU but you can buy just as good for a lower price.
The above is facts now for my opinions.
For the motherboard I would not even consider anything you have listed, for that processor I would buy for myself to use, a Gigabyte GA Z170X gaming 6. MSI would not even be considered and I will never buy a Asus board (usually overpriced for the quality of parts used)
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16813128880
Unless you have another 500 bucks to put into the PC I would rethink everything.
For the i5 6600K I would consider using a i7 4790K with a lower priced quality motherboard, the memory would be much cheaper than you have listed gets you the hyper threading and with a small overclock about the same single core performance, Intel did not get the performance gain from this new socket that it usually gets.
Some people hate to hear what I have to say but I've been doing this a long time.