Can the GTX 970 run a triple monitor setup?

DerpityDerp

Reputable
Jan 6, 2015
I currently have only one Gigabyte G1 Gaming GTX 970 graphics card. I'm just wondering if this card alone can run a triple monitor setup.

Another question I have is; if I plug all three monitors into the GTX 970 and only use one monitor for gaming and other two monitors for web browsing, will it affect the gaming performance I'll get out of the graphics card?

thehutti

Distinguished
May 12, 2014
Yes it can run tripple monitors, but play modern games on all three of them is not really recommended because the card is not fast enough to get good fps then (maybe some older games are ok or if you cut down the details). If you can game on one screen and just display websites on the other (some games just blank the other screens in fullscreen) then the performance loss should be really small, but you maybe get some problems with the mouse capturing of some games, if you don't play in windowed mode.

bishopi5

Distinguished
Barely effects performance unless your running stuff of those second screens, and yes you run all 3 in games aswel, depends what type of FPS / settings you wanna run, and what games