Windows 10 Conflicting User Accounts! Major Irritant!

woollywinka

Reputable
Jan 27, 2016
Hi all,

Hope everyone is peachy. Can someone shed some light on this issue that my Windows 10 has?

All was well since I upgraded from Windows 7, about 6 months ago. Then for some unknown godd**n reason I was possessed to mess about with the user accounts settings. Just being curious. More fool you, I hear you say.

Now, every darn time I boot up, Win 10 attempts to log me in with what I imagine is a local user account. Never made one to my knowledge. Don't know the password (since there isn't one). I simply select my microsoft account username (displaying my hotmail address), put in my password and load up.

It's not annoying in itself. It becomes annoying when I dash downstairs in the morning desperately needing a wee-wee and I like to rush in to the living room and push the power button on the PC. So when I come back it is all ready and purring like a happy kitten. Except now it is sitting there with this dumb look, waiting for a login that I don't want.

There's no evidence of any other user account, of any type (other than my microsoft one) on this OS. I've looked in settings and control panel. I even was tempted to look inside the case, but that would be silly.

I accept that I am probably missing the obvious but I am prepared to have my operational and mental shortcomings exposed in my quest to resolve this riddle.

Thank you.

Good night.

Chris.