Windows 10: One or more network protocols are missing internet error

Anorak112

Reputable
Jan 18, 2016
After updating my windows 10 rig, I cannot connect to the internet. When I run the troubleshooter, this error message shows up, "one or more network protocols are missing". I have tried several fixes including uninstalling and reinstalling the network drivers, going in and installing any missing network protocols, and a few other things. Nothing has worked or made any visible progress. I also used system restore, and restored to before the update, but it didn't do anything either. Please help me!

Solution
Hi,

Please do try these troubleshooting steps that may help.
- Start by uninstalling and reinstalling the network adapters again. (wifi or wired)
- Once uninstalled, reboot your PC and it should reinstall the driver automatically.
- If it doesn't install successfully, download and install the latest Network Adapter from the manufacturers site which is compatible with Windows 10.
- Do also try running Windows Update and install all updates available.
- If all these will not work do also try these troubleshooting steps from this link below.
- http://www.tomshardware.com/faq/id-2751316/connectivity-issues-windows-fixes.html
- If all these will not work your last resort would be to do a clean install of Windows 10. :(
Hi,

Please do try these troubleshooting steps that may help.
- Start by uninstalling and reinstalling the network adapters again. (wifi or wired)
- Once uninstalled, reboot your PC and it should reinstall the driver automatically.
- If it doesn't install successfully, download and install the latest Network Adapter from the manufacturers site which is compatible with Windows 10.
- Do also try running Windows Update and install all updates available.
- If all these will not work do also try these troubleshooting steps from this link below.
- http://www.tomshardware.com/faq/id-2751316/connectivity-issues-windows-fixes.html
- If all these will not work your last resort would be to do a clean install of Windows 10. :(

Solution